Tuesday 24 April 2012

Choosing a Truck for your Haulage Biz in Nigeria




Today, I have decided to write about trucks. I have received a lot of private mails and calls as regards to the kind and model of trucks that are needed for this business especially in Nigeria. I will be specific as regards to the type of truck needed.
The trusted and the confirmed kind of trucks for starters are DAF trucks and MACK trucks. These two trucks are preferred above others because of their rugged and availability of their parts in Nigeria. An Average mechanic or technician is able to repair these trucks and find their parts easily. I am not saying that these are the best trucks in town. The statistics of the usage of these two trucks is very much higher than other trucks in Nigeria. My hand-on experience in the business loves MACK trucks. I have had success in this business because I know a lot about MACK trucks.
Once you are able to sight these two types of trucks, you have to consider the engine. In Nigeria, we have the Tokunbo (referred to as GRADE A) while we have the Nigerian fairly used. Let me briefly explain below:
Tokunbo GRADE A: These types of trucks have been used fairly in America or Europe by their first buyers. It was initially bought new and used overtime before shipping down to Nigeria. The mileage makes no sense really because we know that the roads in America and Europe are beautiful. They lack pot-holes. Therefore, most times it can be put on the road immediately.
Nigerian Fairly used: This type of truck has been used in Nigeria overtime and the buyer or user needs to sell it to another Nigerian because of one thing or the other. I don’t usually recommend this because of one reason. The reason is because you cannot trace the history of the truck especially because it has been used on Nigerian Roads.
Your choice of truck between these two trucks must be between 33 tonnes and  above. Look for a truck with double axle. Never to worry, I have include pictures of these trucks.
For MACK Trucks: Recommended is  Model  R685st and  CH613
For DAF trucks: Xp75 and above.

Your Success is ensured if you can  venture into this business. Consistency is the key to long-lasting success.

For further info: haulagemover@gmail.com
                        +2348185208688, 07065149588
                         www.containerhaulagers.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Actually, I'm planning to start my Heavy Hauling business this coming september and I need some preparation like buying heavy trucks and other trailers. And your blog helps me to get some ideas in choosing trucks. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete